October 29, 2015

Stitched Halloween + American Crafts

I've been on a stitching kick this month. I keep reaching for these Amy Tangerine alpha templates over and over. I've had them for a while, but it's just recently that I've come to really love them.

So when you're challenged with a line that contains no paper, but lots of beautiful little embellishments, you stitch!

HalloweenStitching
For the base of the page I started with a few rows of washi tape sandwiched in between a stitched title and a swish of lime green watercolor. The vertical row of wooden buttons breaks up all of those horizontal lines and gives the photo a little pop.

Sticking with the traditional colors of Halloween (and in the photo) makes for a bold, colorful statement. I love this title and the capture of when these littles were so little we had to stop for a sweet treat while trick-or-treating.

SUPPLIES:   Halloween Tapes | Amy Tangerine Stitching | Wood Buttons | Watercolors

1 comment:

  1. I love your stitching! Do you have any tips for doing the stitching? I have a problem knowing which direction to go with these templates between the big stitches and the small stitches (I wish there were little arrows to guide me) and I find my holes start to rip. Plus my thread doesn't lay nice like yours. Do you use the full 6 threads in the embroidery floss or do you thin them out? I've tried searching online for stitching Youtube videos for these exact templates and can't find a thing. I thought you might be able to offer some tips because your stitching looks perfect. Thanks, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete