July 2, 2014

Scrapbooking the Past: Simple Stories Hello Baby

When Nico was born I was on a scrapbooking hiatus. Something about pregnancy sucked the creativity out from under me. Then he was born prematurely and I was too busy with all that brought to my life. I kept a journal so that I would remember the big and little details and I took photos of everything. I took almost 3,000 photos during that time - crazy, I know! But that also means that eight years later I have piles of baby photos to reminisce over.

I was able to do just that while working on a recent assignment for Simple Stories. They have a new baby release (Hello Baby) that is gender neutral, soft, beautiful and just my style.
I used a Silhouette cut from Kerri Bradford Studios to create the scattered x's background. Then embellished it with enamel dots and mini staples. I built up layers in the center to create a 'shelf' to place the photo. Not sure why Nico looks so red in this photo of a photo? I promise he was not the color of an oompa loompa. I had the hardest time getting the right light for these pictures.
I love the touches of chalkboard in the collection. It adds just the right amount of contrast to the soft colors in the palette. The title was cut out of vellum using a Kerri Bradford Design title cut.

I never consider myself 'behind' in scrapbooking. I don't scrap chronologically and I'm not in a rush to complete my boy's story - life is moving fast enough as it is! Slow down, reminisce and enjoy the creative journey.


5 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! I love the fun cuts and that photo is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute layout. I love the chalkboard like you said, plus the cut gives such a great layering element!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely all about that cut here. :)

      Delete
  3. Terrific picture and terrific use of cut paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the color scheme here and while I don't have kids yet, I'm sure I'll be up there with that many photos and I'll be happy to have them.

    ReplyDelete