May 24, 2013

Jillibean Soup

My Dad and today's childrearing rules do not go hand in hand. The worst of them being bicycle helmets. He goes on and on about how as a kid the best feeling in the world for him was the freedom of speeding down the road on his bicycle - wind whipping through his hair. The more I try to explain that 'when you know better, you do better', the more he rolls his eyes at me. Sometimes I do wonder how I made it through my own childhood alive. We didn't have helmets or seat belts for that matter.

So on this day, Grandpa was breaking the rules. No helmet bike riding. Now don't judge me too harshly, I didn't stop it because they were on grass and moving at a snail's pace. Nico was loving it. But then again, Nico loves anything that involves being naughty and rule breaking, so there you go. I loved watching them laugh together.

I based the layout on white card stock so that the patterned paper could really stand out and shine. I mixed primary colors and mostly small patterns randomly and then added the two photos.  Notice how I added a small yellow subtitle right on the photo. That highlights both the photo and the meaning behind the page.

The title cluster is grounded on the kraft tag. I chose kraft because it was different from all of the rest of the colors I was using plus the dark color was a great contrast.  The script title stickers from Jillibean Soup make for great titles. I mixed all the colors of the layout on the tag so it would match and bring it all together.

3 comments:

  1. This really is such a fun LO. I love the mix of patterns. They are building some great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if the worst thing that happens to your son is riding around on a bike with no helmet with his pa, i think he is a lucky boy. great page and great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta say, I'm kinda with Grandpa. Not that my kids ride without helmets, mind you...

    I love this LO. No judgements here!

    ReplyDelete