January 10, 2013

Project Life Photo Freedom Style

Taking a quick breather to post here. I missed blogging for a while. Holidays, deadlines, creating for CHA and videos have kept me busy. But it's all quieting down now and we're settling into our slow winter routines. Quiet days spent indoors = lots of crafting time for Mom.

I have a stack of Christmas layouts and project life Photo Freedom Projects to share.

Let's start with this simple Echo Park one. Created with the This n That Collection. Pretty straightforward and linear, I used alternate strips of paper and stickers. The skinny title was cut with a Silhouette.
This one was created using the by Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup line by Jillibean Soup. Say that three times fast. Ha! The layout is divided into quadrants - 2 for photos and 2 for decorating. This left me a great space for layering some of my favorite patterned papers. This would be great to do with leftovers from a 6x6 paper pad.
This is the start of my project life project using the Photo Freedom products by Echo Park. I used one each of all the page protectors they make just to get a feel for the system. I've never done project life style scrapbooking, so this was a challenge. I really liked it! I began the project with this traditional 12x12 layout.
I used  the Horizontal 4x6 Photo Sleeves to create this layout. All stickers and paper are from the Dear Santa Photo Freedom line.
This is the 6x12 Photo Sleeve. I love how easy it was to combine an enlarged photo and then slivers of 3 different ones in one pocket. And if you're wondering about that oddly placed snowflake in 'Rockefeller', it's because I added an extra 'r' in there and the mistake was burning my eyes.
This is the 4x6 Vertical Sleeve. I can see using this one again and again. For some reason, I've gotten in the habit of turning my camera to crop out background stuff I don't want in the shot. This means I probably have 10x more vertical photos than horizontal.
This is the traditional project life photo sleeve. I tried to change it up a bit by cutting one enlarged photo (6x8) into three of the sleeves. It adds impact without taking away from the picture. In the bottom pocket, I filled it with punched circles, glittered chipboard and then a sprinkle or two of more glittered. I sewed it shut to make sure everything stays in place.
And a quick close up of the glittery pocket.
I have to say that working with the Photo Freedom project may have hooked me on this quirky & easy style of scrapbooking. There are a trip or two that I want to get into scrapbooks this way. I'm in the planning stages and hope to share a video soon of my progress.

11 comments:

  1. These are all so great, Nancy!!! You have such great pics!!! I think I need to start doing this as I have/take SO many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome and you're son is super adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy...ur creations are really great....I get hung up on having to do project life from beginning until end....jan till dec. why can't I just do whatever and whenever?. I also like a little more added to it than just a photo and a journaling card....LOVE the little glitter section....fun! I've also never done a layout where the pic is the entire background as well. LOVE that look and ur photography is always really well done and tasteful! Sweet pictures of ur son. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such pretty PL pages. so inspirational! i can't get myself to start it.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pages look amazing!! I wish I could come up with such beautiful pages. Somewhat clean but full offre details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pages look amazing!! I wish I could come up with such beautiful pages. Somewhat clean but full offre details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might suggest solely beneficial in addition to trusted facts, and so find it: How to Use GoWise Air Fryer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things. Click here

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use basically superior fabrics : you will discover these products by: 마곡노래방

    ReplyDelete
  10. These you will then see the most important thing, the application provides you a website a powerful important internet page: 더원홀덤

    ReplyDelete