October 5, 2012

Echo Park Birthday Girl

Birthday layouts are sometimes a challenge. I like to include a little bit of everything - presents, cake, and gifts. On one hand this makes for super busy pages, but I don't feel like the story is "told" if I don't have all of the elements.
In this layout I used the Birthday Girl Mini Collection from Echo Park. I love the bright color scheme and simple patterns. I highlighted my favorite picture of the birthday girl and her cousins by making it the largest photo on the page and also the only one in color. I printed a collection of black and white photos in a uniform size to keep the photo collage clean and uncluttered.

After layering the patterned paper and placing the photos, I added a few special touches. First the number stickers that indicate my niece's new age add a personal touch to the page. The hand stitching with white thread underlining the word "celebrate", add a homemade touch. And the jewels on the crown, buttons and twine complete the page.

SUPPLY LIST:

2 comments:

  1. I love the design! You have lots of great touches on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you dance the night away or party
    at least watch people dancing late into the night, or stay awake or whatever. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete