May 5, 2012

Studio Calico 35mm Kit & NSD!

Happy National Scrapbook Day everyone! I'm actually scrapping today which is really unusual on a Saturday. I had to get in on the fun over at 2Peas though and join my scrappy Peas today. There are hops, challenges, prizes and chatting going on if you want to check it out.
This is my finished layout made with the Studio Calico 35mm kit. I avoided the stamp and the spritzing thing (because I'm really bad at both!), but I tried to be as artsy as I could. While maintaining clean, linear lines and big photos since that's more my style. I like the bold contrasting colors and textures. This is definitely not a combination I would've put together myself, so the kit did the hard part. Love that.
Love the hexagon fabric tiles that were in the kit. I turned them over and covered them with washi tape for a different look. The "magic color" alphas by Heidi Swapp were pretty cool too. They remind me of the Mistables products by Pink Paislee that I've worked with in the past.

Okay, off to finish up my last NSD project and then on to enjoy the weekend! I hope you're having a great NSD in your part of the world.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Nancy! I told Jen G that she needs to work on you about getting some stamping in...LOL I bet you would be FAB at it. I adore your work and thanks for SHARING!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about the layout especially that photo size! You use it well! (I LOVE Sanibel too! ;) TFS

    ReplyDelete