January 12, 2012

Memory Keeping Mondays

A new year and some great changes over in the Garden at twopeasinabucket.com! They have just announced a list of all brand-new weekly classes for 2012 and best of all - they are all FREE!  Class is in session every Monday, Wednesday and Friday of the week. You can check them out here.

I'm happy to announce that I'll be one of the Garden Girls teaching the Memory Keeping Mondays series. My first video will be up on Monday, January 16th and I'm equally nervous and excited to share it with you. I enjoyed the step-by-step process of showing exactly how/why I design pages the way I do, but it is not an easy task. Once you film a segment, you can't change your mind and for me that is so hard! That aside, it was worth the effort and I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I had making it.

In the meantime I've got this layout that just went up at twopeasinabucket.com to share. I got the idea for this page from my travel journal. While on a cruise last year, I jotted a list of things that Nico had done for the first time on this vacation. They varied from swimming with the dolphins, to vocabulary words and even new foods that he tried. It's amazing how much children learn and absorb when they travel. And at 5, Nico is constantly questioning and learning about everything around him.  We are always trying to drive the point home with him to value experiences over material things. It something that we value as a family and we hope to pass that on to Nico. I included this on the sticker at the very top of the layout to remind him.
I started with the big camera sticker + filmstrip (October Afternoon) and built the rest of the page around it. The idea for the huge envelope came from wanting to stick to a "memorabilia" and "list" type theme. I added a long title (love those) and some flair pins from American Crafts to decorate the page.


The list part of the layout includes all of the journaling. I didn't have matching stamps or stickers for this space so I decided to just use my computer and try to match the color and font as closely as I could. I like how it adds a pop of color to the graph paper. 

For a complete list of products use, click here.

My two favorite finishing touches are the honeycomb paper (with some hexagons cut out) and the Tim Holtz filmstrip coming out of the camera. I think they reinforce the theme and add that little special 'something.' 

Coming up...a layout and Doodlebug's brand new Sweet Cakes line. Here's a peek...

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Beautiful projects! we need to chat soon! Hugs!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects... as always. :) Excited to see your new class. One of the things I wanted to do this year, is take more online classes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good write-up, I am normal visitor of one's web site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.
    bebe Asymmetric Color Block Knit Dress

    ReplyDelete