January 3, 2012

Back to Life

It's over. All the holidays are done now. I'm going to miss it - the tree, the presents, having all of the family over. Yet somehow it's always nice to go back to the routine. I've been scrapping and blogging a lot less and I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

I was just putting all of my Christmas layouts away and I realized that I hadn't shared them here. First up is a sketch layout I did for the Bella Blvd blog this weekend. These pictures are from one of my attempts at a Christmas card picture years ago. No easy feat with a wiggly, 15 month old who wanted nothing more than to eat the stuffed animal in his pocket. This was back when Nico was (almost) bald and had just 4 little teeth. And as much as I love having a 6 year-old, sometimes I miss those baby days.
The sketch called for four photos and lots of borders - just my kind of page!  I added the huge circles across the top to break up all of the solid red. By using the larger "presents" patterned paper for the circles on top of the smaller gingham pattern, it give the design a magnifying glass effect. The title was embellished with a few jewels from Doodlebug and a line of text.
I made a bunch of these little gift card bags for all of the teacher, coaches, and friend gifts we gave out this year. I cut the bags and snowflakes out with the Silhouette Cameo and embellished them with Doodlebug paper and stickers. The mini clothespins are from Maya Road. Nico and I sat down one night and cranked out 8 of these in an hour!
This is a layout that I made for the twopeasinabucket.com gallery. I deleted the large photo of the layout, but you can still view it in my gallery here. It's about Nico and his love of all Christmas carols. What he doesn't understand is that we are not a musical/singing type of family. And somehow we ended up with this boy who is constantly singing. I remember taking these photos years ago and when I saw that October Afternoon record, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it!
And now I'm off to find a great pocket page to put all of these photo Christmas cards away! It's the very last thing I need to put away this holiday season. I hope you had yourself a Merry Little Christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate)!

SUPPLY LIST (Click on the photo for availability):


2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back! I needed some inspiration from you! :) LOVE this Christmas LO! Happy New Year!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are back to blogging. I'm in desperate need of some inspiration and you absolutely make me want to get into the scrap-room! Hope to see more soon.

    ReplyDelete