December 6, 2011

Studio Calico Disney Mini

I love taking pictures at Disney World. I probably take too many, but that doesn't really stop me from snapping away every time. I keep a journal too, so that I can remember what we did and when we did it. I can go back and look at our trips when Nico was just 3 and see how very different they were. I like details like that + memoribilia + photos. 

What better way to hold on to those than in a mini album. I like getting an entire trip "done" in one small book. It may take me a year to get all of my Disney layouts, but in the meantime Nico can look over this mini and point out memories from our trip (he loves doing that).
I used the Studio Calico Woodgrain Minialbum. Love that it comes full of graph paper that matches everything and I like the 8x4 size - it's just enough room for pictures and words.
This album was created for and is copyright twopeasinabucket.com
This album is a day-by-day account of our trip. I started the first page with a shot of our hotel since that's where our story begins! 
 Some highlights and memories of each day are the focus of each 2-page spread.
I cut out an intricate die cut "divider" with the Silhouette to add color and pattern to a page that is almost all journaling.
I mixed Studio Calico die cuts and October Afternoon for this panoramic photo and title page. A few title stickers break up all of the text.
A page about one of our favorite character meals.
The reason why we come back every year...
 Meeting new Disney friends...
 
And the final roundup. I like to document what everyone's "favorites" were from the trip. Sometimes the answers make me laugh - it's usually the small things!
 

SUPPLY LIST (Click on each photo for source):

4 comments:

  1. This is so so cool!!! I really should make a mini for my kids to enjoy. I have only gotten a few pages done for our Disney album. I love the Mickey head on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great little book! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to do the mini for the kids to see (since creating the layouts could take some time)! I was in Disney a few weeks ago - loved how it was decorated for Halloween! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool, I am just searching the internet for ideas on how to scrap all my disney photos, would love to see your full page layouts!

    ReplyDelete