August 24, 2011

Pink Paislee Nantucket - Captiva

I have a quick post today featuring Pink Paislee's Nantucket line again. I did an "inspired by" layout of our time in Captiva. To read more about the details of how I came up with the layout idea, see my blog post at Pink Paislee.
Sometimes it's the simplest moments from a vacation that I remember the most. On this particular day, we took a ride from Sanibel to Captiva Island. There was a funny story about a conversation we had that I wanted to remember. The pictures support the story and the products I used on the layout convey the "feel" of Captiva.
In case you're interested in the story behind the page, the journaling reads:
Do  you remember when we ventured out to Captiva for dinner one night? I wanted to see the sunset and have dinner at the Mucky Duck. And you wanted to stop and see the manatees at the pier. The manatees were amazing, the sunset beautiful and the wait at the Mucky Duck 1-1/2 hours long. Do you remember how all of the mega-mansions on the way had fancy names and when I asked you what you would name ours, you said "Ain't Po' No Mo'." And that right there is why I love you. Because I get you and no one can make me laugh like like you do.

Up next, a school page and Design School Classes over at twopeasinabucket.com!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, this is a beautiful layout! I like how you used the twine to match the paper, you are so creative! Your journaling is funny and encouraging because I like to include the random stories/conversations my husband and I have in our scrapbooks as well. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great story!!! And I love your layout. Such a great beachy feel to it. I am dying to go to Sanibel/Captiva. And this layout just makes me want to go more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Nancy - love the twine & clips :) I just got this line in the mail & can't wait to play with it :)

    ReplyDelete