September 1, 2010

Announcing...

I'm proud and thrilled and excited to announce that starting with the September kit, I will be designing for Work in Progress Kits! You may remember that I was guest designer for WIP back in July and I got to work with the wonderful Echo Park kit.

I like working with kits because they challenge me to create with a set number of supplies. Sometimes my stash can get overwhelming, so it's almost easier for me to create a page like this. I may add alphabet stickers for the titles, but mostly I stick with what's in the kit. Also, it really helps that Trish at WIP puts together color & pattern combinations that are just my style.

Here's my first page using some of the brand new Togetherness line from Cosmo Cricket. I love the whimsical drawings and colors in this line. I think it was perfect for my Disney parade page below.


I didn't have very many pictures of the Toy Story parade, but it was an important memory for Nico. He's a Toy Story fanatic and I really wanted to remember how crazy he went over the parade and getting his picture taken with a green Army guy.

This is another Disney page - this time about Nico and his insistence on getting a Peter Pan tattoo.

It's really difficult to find Peter Pan embellishments (other than Jolees, which I've used to death), so I created my own. I will post a tutorial on how I made the Peter Pan flash card next month on the WIP blog. I will post here to give you the heads up when it's available.
My favorite part of this layout is the simple row of buttons. I think it's a understate way to add texture and draw the eye back up to Peter.

I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of my WIP layouts. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE these. I love working with kits sometimes too. Mkaes me at times become more creative with the limited number of supplies. Great idea for the flash card. I actually like that better then the jolees. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lucky to have snagged you on their team. You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Nancy. The comment above is so true. They are LUCKY to have you on their team.
    BTW - Love the Peter Pan embellishment. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks for your kind comments. But seriously, I am lucky to have snagged a spot at WIP, Trish is a dream to work for!

    ReplyDelete