June 2, 2010

Repurpose & Use

I'm working on an Easter page and pulled out a bunch of pattern papers that I wanted to use. I've had these chipboard borders from My Mind's Eye since forever and really wanted to use them. I love the shapes, but the colors and patterns are hard to match up sometimes. This time, the coral color matched, but I really wanted a kraft colored accent on my page.

I traced the scallop border on a sheet of basic kraft paper from Basic Grey and cut it out. Then I peeled the adhesive off of the chipboard border and lined up the shape. So now on one side I have the original color and on the "sticky" side I have the kraft color I wanted. I can even change my mind now (because I do that all the time).

Next, sponge on a little chocolate ink around the edges to give it a finished look.

And so there you have it - one repurposed chipboard border! You can see a little sneak peek of the color and patterns that I've chosen. I'll be back soon with the completed page.

No comments:

Post a Comment