April 1, 2010

Snow Sledding

I posted these pictures of Nico snow sledding for the first time not so long ago. So it seems appropriate in a weird way to post them today, on a beautiful 70-degree Spring day. Goodbye to winter and goodbye to sledding - it was fun!

This page ended up nothing like I had planned. First, I thought it would be a 2-page spread but I didn't have enough really great different photos for that. Then I wanted to use the snowman paper from My Mind's Eye except there was something about the powder blue color that I wasn't crazy about. So I threw in a few shades of aqua (surprise, surprise) and some bright orange. The color of the sled really determined the choice of blue to balance it out.

I think that the title is my favorite part of the entire layout. I used two swirls from Cosmo Cricket and connected them with a giant snowflake in the middle. This gave me room for a long title. One short swirl tucked behind a picture gave me a place to hang the cute mittens from.

All of the paper is My Mind's Eye. All of the chipboard accents are from Cosmo Cricket. The white title is American Crafts and the tiny orange letters are brand new Basic Grey. I'm betting that you will see those orange letters on lots of my layouts in the near future.
Thanks for taking a peek! Until the next post...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment