February 4, 2010

A Boy and His Heroes

And I'm back.....! So I got this nasty computer virus that made me pull my hair out and then when it was finally eradicated, I was bombared with work. I usually work on a very part-time basis while my son is in preschool, mostly to give me a life and so I don't climb the walls. But this past month I've been working what amounts to full time hours. I haven't done that since circa 2004 and can safely say that I have a new found respect for all working mamas out there. It's tough to balance the priorities and keep your head screwed on.

I've pulled back to my normal hours - career be damned! And I've been getting to play with fun stuff again. I think it's so much easier for me to scrap continuously - taking a break gets me out of the groove.

I've made two 'alright' pages since and I'm digging into some more. This one is from our Disney trip this year and tell the story of my sweet boy meeting his cartoon heroes. It was a sweet moment from our trip and I didn't want to forget it.

I see a ton of Toy Story pages in my future - the boy is obsessed! Hopefully I'll be able to use those cutesy 3-D stickers that I have around here some where. They didn't work with this color scheme. The "clouds" are once again those nifty chipboard cupcake tops from Maya Road (love 'em), paper is all Crate and the title is old K&Co chipboard.


This is an impossible layout to photograph. It's got a glare from hell and the colors just look dead. And it was my first page out of the gate this year and I'm not really in love with it. Blah. A shame since I love the pictures. My boy looks like Prince dressed as a pirate. I wonder if he'll want this picture for his yearbook someday.

The red paper and wood sign are old Karen Foster, the stripe is glitter textured from Making Memories, flag is Jolee's and the letters are Thickers and Making Memories.

Thanks for sticking with me!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Nan- I love both of these layouts, I am getting ready to "scraplift" them while the boys watch the superbowl tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete