July 2, 2009

A Pirate's Bath for Me!







I'm still hard at work finishing up the Baltimore album but yesterday I decided to take a little break and start a new project. I love how these pictures of my son in the bathtub turned out. I had to stand on the edge of the tub to take the shot from above. Luckily, I didn't slip and kill myself (or the boy).

I knew that I wanted to tell the story about how he loves taking a bath and runs upstairs when my husband says "bath time". Nico's favorite part is playing with this huge assortment of pirate bath toys that I picked up at Target last year.

I used a really bold color palette with a touch of black to frame it all out. I am loving all shades of aqua lately and have been using it like mad. I think that my favorite part of the layout is the pirate hat emblem that I made using Maya Road chipboard circles (painted black) and these silver stick-on metal studs from Me & My Big Ideas. They are flat and sticky on the back making them a snap to put on. I can think of a thousand uses for these.

So there it is - Nico's bath story, metal studs, bold colors, and no one got hurt! (this time).

1 comment:

  1. I love this Nan! The colors are great and that pirate hat embellishment is amazing!!! Oh and I love the bubbles on the side of your journaling-perfection as usual!!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete