A few months ago I purchased the MISTI stamp tool and I immediately fell in love! This handy, simple press helped me get the crisp, clear stamped images I had a hard time achieving. The cost was high - $49 for this little pink version. I didn't get the larger size ($65) or the 12x12 version ($99) because they were too expensive for a tool I wasn't sure I'd use much.
I was so excited to see that recently We'R Memory Keepers came out with their version of a stamp press. It's large and totally affordable at $30 for this larger size. I did a comparison video to see how it measured up to the MISTI:
The Pros and Cons |
- The Precision Press is large in size (7x7) and is closed on two side allowing for even larger sheets of paper to be stamped.
- The Precision Press has a preprinted aqua grid on the cover instead of the faded etching that the MISTI has.
- Both tools are made of sturdy acrylic and look like they will hold up nice.
- The MISTI includes two strong magnets and a magnetic base that really hold your project in place. The Precision Press does not.
- The MISTI has a foam pad lining the bottom of the tool. It gives a small amount of give ideal for stamping. The Precision Press base is hard, flat plastic.
The Verdict |
For the price factor alone, The Precision Press would be my choice. I notice no difference in the stamped image quality. I would love it even more if it included a magnetic base to securely hold down my stamp project. My work around for this is using a little bit of washi tape to hold it in place. Problem solved!
SUPPLIES | Click on the photo for more info: